WELCOME TO MY BLOG!

Welcome one and all to my little world! What will you find here, you ask? Well, you will definitely see a lot having to do with my favorite hobby - scrapbooking (both traditional & digital) and paper crafts. I also like to post tidbits about my life every once in a while to keep it "personal." The biggest stars in my world are my son, William, and my hubby (and biggest fan), David! I hope you enjoy it here, and please feel free to become a follower (Click "Follow this Blog" below to the right!). I'm constantly adding new ideas, great deals I may find on craft goodies and you may even run into a tutorial every now and then! Happy Blogging! :o) ~Vicky Jo

Sunday, April 26, 2009

"Bubbles in Bed"

This was a super fun LO to do! (Special thanks goes out to my bud, Michelle, for showing me how to do the bubble technique!)

PP is from Prima, Journaling was again printed on DS PP, I cut the title from SCAL using a font called "Inspiration." The bubbles were cut from transparency paper using my Cricut (Plantin Schoolbook cart). I cut the scroll frame using the Storybook cart. I got the poem off the internet, but ended up modifying it a bit for my needs.

Here's the bubble technique -in Michelle's words! :o)

"I inked the edges [of the bubbles] with white ink and used the eye shadow applicator to make the highlight. I let it dry for a few then used that powder [it is an irridescent pearl-ex type powder]. Then just be careful not to touch it. I used the liquid glue pen [ZIG ball point glue pen] and traced the edges and voila it shoud stick to your page."

(The only thing I did different was use a white paint pen to make my highlights stick out a bit more. For the white ink on the edges, I used the Staz-On Opaque stamp pad in Cotton White.)

2 comments:

  1. The bubbles look amazing! Thanks for the instructions. I love the title font that you used. Great job as always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute! That font you used for the bubble title is sooooo adorable.

    ReplyDelete