WELCOME TO MY BLOG!

Welcome one and all to my little world! What will you find here, you ask? Well, you will definitely see a lot having to do with my favorite hobby - scrapbooking (both traditional & digital) and paper crafts. I also like to post tidbits about my life every once in a while to keep it "personal." The biggest stars in my world are my son, William, and my hubby (and biggest fan), David! I hope you enjoy it here, and please feel free to become a follower (Click "Follow this Blog" below to the right!). I'm constantly adding new ideas, great deals I may find on craft goodies and you may even run into a tutorial every now and then! Happy Blogging! :o) ~Vicky Jo

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

My Cricut cut Foam!!!

David got me the Cricut Deep Blade for Christmas, and the first thing I tried it on was foam! You know... those dirt-cheap packs of craft foam you can get at HL, Ms, etc? Yeah, those! And the cricut cut right through them like butter! I believe I had the blade set to a 5 or 6 and the next-to-the-last pressure setting. I used a medium speed and no multi-cutting!

I just had to bling 'em up a little and added some sugar coating glitter to the tops!

FYI - I used Cuttin' Up for the title and the bath bubbles from New Arrival.

7 comments:

  1. You always have the coolest pages. I just love the colors and they way you layout your page. I have the hardest time finding the right embellishments. How do you put glitter on letters, and chip board?? When I do, I just use glitter glue, but sometimes it makes the letters curl up. I have added some scrapbook pages on my blog. I need ideas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I did use design studio and welded the letters together. Where can I get the stickler stuff? I'm going to have to give that a try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've been tagged. Go to http://lyndseyscreations.blogspot.com/2009/01/ive-been-tagged.html

    And see what to do!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was trying to cut foam, but am having problems... Here are my questions:
    1. Does your blade stick out of the Deep Housing Blade Holder?
    2. Does the foam leave creases where the rollers were?
    3. How did you get it to cut?
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rebecca,
    1. Yes, my blade does stick out - on setting 6, it sticks out a little over 1/16th of an inch.
    2. The rollers do leave creases, however, I found that after a few minutes they dissappeared.
    3. Not sure what you mean by this question... Can you be more specific?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for your response!!! Mine didn't cut and I was trying to figure out what else to do... it scored the foam and kind of tore the corners, so I wondered if my blade was messed up (but according to your #1, I don't think it is). I'm using the normal 11x17 foam from Hobby Lobby. I'm trying to cut a 4 inch star with the letter "S" cut out of the middle from Design Studio and Plantin. I used the settings you mentioned in your blog. Hmm... I guess I'll just try a multi-cut next time. Any other thoughts?

    I'm glad to know the creases went away, too. I was especially worried about that if I was using multi-cut.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just got the deept cut blade and tried the foam. Have the blade set at 6, speed at 1 and pressure at 5. But it kind of chews the edges and doesn't cut clean through. I have to kind of tear them out. I am so disappointed as the old blade would makes cuts all across as it went from letter to letter and space to space. Any ideas on why I'm not getting a nice clean cut? If I wanted a grungy look it would be great. Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete