One of the challenges this month in my Scrappin' Mammas thread was to make over an old LO you were unhappy with. I immediately thought of this atrocity:
Yes... an explosion of mismatched fibers and letter beads. YUK YUK YUK! So here's the "Extreme Makeover" - or complete re-do into something much more tolerable using the Basic Gray "Two Scoops" line:
This is a new technique I started using where I gather some tule under a "pop-dotted" layer. To make the top layer, I hand-trimmed the wave pattern in the paper, then distressed the edge and added some pearl gem stickies for accents:
For the title I used Tim Holtz grungeboard letters painted with MM paints and embellished them with jewels, silver colorbox ink and stickles:
For the flower accents, I stamped some flourishes and embossed them with silver. Then I added flowers by punching a big flower from the BG paper and curling the petals down and then placing a cream-colored prima flower on top of it and finishing off with a silver brad. I adhered the flowers with Zots. The border underneath was done with a bottom layer of crochet edging I found in the ribbon isle at Michaels and then using the threading water punch on the pop-dotted top layer and weaving a thin sheer ribbon in & out - making sure to leave some slack for "texture":
The journaling paper is from the MM "Noteworthy" collection. The embellishments include more tulle, a flower set, and a tied piece of twill tape from stampin' up!