WELCOME TO MY BLOG!

Welcome one and all to my little world! What will you find here, you ask? Well, you will definitely see a lot having to do with my favorite hobby - scrapbooking (both traditional & digital) and paper crafts. I also like to post tidbits about my life every once in a while to keep it "personal." The biggest stars in my world are my son, William, and my hubby (and biggest fan), David! I hope you enjoy it here, and please feel free to become a follower (Click "Follow this Blog" below to the right!). I'm constantly adding new ideas, great deals I may find on craft goodies and you may even run into a tutorial every now and then! Happy Blogging! :o) ~Vicky Jo

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

LO "Extreme Makeover"

One of the challenges this month in my Scrappin' Mammas thread was to make over an old LO you were unhappy with. I immediately thought of this atrocity:

Yes... an explosion of mismatched fibers and letter beads. YUK YUK YUK! So here's the "Extreme Makeover" - or complete re-do into something much more tolerable using the Basic Gray "Two Scoops" line:

This is a new technique I started using where I gather some tule under a "pop-dotted" layer. To make the top layer, I hand-trimmed the wave pattern in the paper, then distressed the edge and added some pearl gem stickies for accents:

For the title I used Tim Holtz grungeboard letters painted with MM paints and embellished them with jewels, silver colorbox ink and stickles:

For the flower accents, I stamped some flourishes and embossed them with silver. Then I added flowers by punching a big flower from the BG paper and curling the petals down and then placing a cream-colored prima flower on top of it and finishing off with a silver brad. I adhered the flowers with Zots. The border underneath was done with a bottom layer of crochet edging I found in the ribbon isle at Michaels and then using the threading water punch on the pop-dotted top layer and weaving a thin sheer ribbon in & out - making sure to leave some slack for "texture":

The journaling paper is from the MM "Noteworthy" collection. The embellishments include more tulle, a flower set, and a tied piece of twill tape from stampin' up!

2 comments:

  1. How sweet. You are always so creative with your layouts. I have a hard time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the layout on the thread, but now seeing all the closeups I really have an appreciation for all the details you put in it. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete